Friday, February 26, 2010

The Blogging World

(Eagle Nebula taken by Hubble)

For some reason, I woke up this afternoon - woops - and decided it was time*. I was going to enter the blogging world. Not with the expectations that people would want to read it, but if anything, a push to start writing. Plus, the freedom we have to share ideas infinitely is, for lack of a better word, AMAZING (also somewhat horrifying)! And today, I'd like to be apart of that world. I can't promise I will want to tomorrow...

BUT! Here I am NOW!

I'm not sure if my blogging will have an organizational pattern or focus - suspiciously similar to my dear life. I will tell you that I student teach 2nd and 3rd grade, I love to cook, and play in a band called That Old Feelin'. I am also a new Yogi. So, you can bet your bottom dollar that posts will be about reflections and or revelations about those four aspects of my life!

Enough about me.




I'm going to start my first post with a strong suggestive gesture. Listen to Lissie: http://www.myspace.com/lissiemusic

The smokey voice, folky/pop guitar and chord progressions really do it for me. But most of all -- it's the freckles. Unfortunately it doesn't look like she's coming above the Mason-Dixon line anytime soon. So for now, I'll just have to be logical and do what everyone does in the year 2010, watch her on you-tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z6QG1JzaF0



* Time is somewhat irrelative considering we're made up of stars - but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment